Hello All!  While standing in line at Barnes & Noble, I overheard a
conversation regarding "books on demand".  I'd never heard of this concept so
asked the attendant.  Apparently there are publishers who receive (paid in
advance!) orders from B&N, print the book & send it to the store for pick up.
What a novel idea!  Except we're talking non-fiction <G>!!  The gal in front of
me paid for her book & the store will call her when it is ready.  Is this
something that could be pursued with the fine folks at Batsford (or other
publishers of lacemaking books)??  Sounds like a win/win solution to the OOP
situation we are experiencing.  Susan, in Erie