hottl...@neo.rr.com wrote:
Hello All!  While standing in line at Barnes & Noble, I overheard a conversation
regarding "books on demand".  [snip]

This has worked really well for some textbooks I've wanted. I've bought at least three on this scheme, (probably more, can't remember).

The price can be a lot cheaper "new" than secondhand for books that are in demand. Of course, they are also clean and fresh - no folded corners, no notes in the margin, no highlighted sections.

The only complaint I've had was one book that was only ever available in hardback: I got the hardback book, but not the outer paper cover that had a beautiful illustration, which I really wanted as well.

Linda Walton,
(in summery High Wycombe).