Hi Bev and All,  Yes, the thin sheet of silk is called a "hanky".  I
wasn't sure how that would translate around the world.  I also bought some
called caps which I think are a little bigger.  THe quality of my thread
is just right for knitting though my second batch came out more regular
than my first very slubby batch!

I am honing my "skills" with a book called Fearless Knitting Workbook by
Jennifer E. Seiffert ISBN978-1-59668-149-1 from Interweave Press.  There
are some nice lace patterns in it but I'm still on the first pattern. 
Knitting may not be for me since I'm having trouble doing K1, P1, K1, P1,
etc. <G>. Reading directions is also a problem - not the directions but
actually reading them instead of thinking I know what to do!

Jane in Vermont, USA where it is cloudy today but was gloriously sunny
yesterday~
[email protected]


> Those thin sheets are called 'hanky' I think?
> They are stretched out coccoons. Some use saliva as the wetting agent. I
> prefer plain water!
> I have some and thread from it, haven't yet concluded what to do with it
> yet. Lace knitting with it would be fun!
>
> Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
> Canada
>

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]

Reply via email to