The handle bit would be easy enough to make or have made, but I'm not sure
the ring of wire is actually a circular ring; I think it could actually be a
circle with four corners' or a 'square with curved sides', depending on how
you think of it.  Either way, quite a hard shape to replicate without
making a jig first - time consuming if you only want one.

Even with a big circular ring of wire you'd have to use the right wire for
it to hold its shape securely unless it is absolutely for display only, (and
as a teacher, none of my lace is in that category; it all has to travel
around, be packed and unpacked and withstand handling to 'see how it was done')
and that sort of wire isn't the easiest to shape in the first place.

I have been subconsciously playing around with this in my mind since
Susan's first post, and thought the easiest, neatest way would be to sew the
lace
to the wire as you work, like a big bangle, and if the design was worked
from the bottom up, the handle would be at the back of the pillow out of the
way.  I wasn't thinking of working around it in the way of the Christmas
decorations, as I thought a pictorial lace would be pretty on a fan, and
perhaps
made in a finer lace such as tiny Torchon or point ground so it actually
works as a fan to some extent.

Jacquie in Lincolnshire