I too wondered what "wire vice thread" means, I've never heard of it.  Did you
mean using "wire versus thread"?

Using wire does need a bit of practice.  The one bit of wire BL that I made was
a shapeless mess but some people have achieved good results.

As others have said, just Google 'wire lace'
Two books to look out for are Anne Dyer's 'Copper Wire Lace' and Arlene M
Fisch's 'Textile Techniques in Metal'.
Other lacemakers known for using wire include Jan Gardiner and Lenka Suchenek.

Brenda

On 1 Sep 2010, at 23:53, laceandb...@aol.com wrote:

> Personally, not sure what you mean by 'wire vice thread'.  Trying to work
> out if it was a typo, but can't get anything else to fit in there.

Brenda in Allhallows
www.brendapaternoster.me.uk