On Sep 1, 2010, at 6:28 PM, bertrans1 wrote:

> Des anyone know how to use wire vice thread for use in bobbin lace patterns?
> I asked this once before, but saw no comment regarding the use of wire.
> I am a beginner and would like to learn how to use it.
> Thank you to whoever can provide me with instructions, etc.
> Sallie O.

Several people on the list have made bobbin lace using wire as their "thread"
and each of us has preferred methods, wire choices/suppliers, bobbins, etc.
There are even teachers/workshops of that branch of lacemaking.  Perhaps if you
provided the info that Bev mentioned (You don't say where you are located, or
if you are a beginner at lacemaking itself, or a beginner at using the
wire....), we might be of more help.

I have just plowed through 2 weeks of Arachne-lace postings (been busy with
other things, still am; Arachne-chat will have to wait <g>) and most of what
I'd read is a blur but I seem to remember that you mentioned 28 gauge wire.
That's fairly thick for some of us (I use 32) and you don't even mention what
kind of wire it is (copper, steel, brass?) you're thinking of using... Or what
sort of lace patterns...

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/