Hello Again!  Thank you Vickie for posting the link to Maureen's website.
Wouldn't you know--CQ!!--my favorite technique because anything goes!  I
believe I mentioned that I got interested in lace so I could make my own little
motifs & I confess that I've cut up lots of lace (old & new) to applique on
crazy quilts.  If this is heresy, I embrace it!  99.4% of the most crucial
examples of lace are already spoken for in various museums & collections--so
why not use, repurpose & enjoy?  Shame on the museum that has taken down their
permanent display of lace.  Now it can't be enjoyed by anyone except by
appointment.  Sorry, that's not my idea of good stewardship--it's one step shy
of hoarding.  One can only hope that they have forged a plan for a rotating
display schedule.  Lots of museums have a wealth of items & not enough display
space, however too many items are being "saved" for a rainy day.  Well it's
raining here & I'm not getting any younger!  And while I wouldn't put som
 ething really old/valuable on a couch cushion, I do use the bits & pieces that
I have acquired in my travels.  They make me smile & others can enjoy them as
well, something that can't be said about the stuff packed away in the dark.
Lace was made to be used so let's!  Sincerely, Susan Hottle, Erie, PA