"(Honiton motifs on wedding) veil (cut out and applied to velvet pillows).
This way each (great grand-daughter) could have a piece of the original lace,
and the grand-daughter had the pleasure of repurposing it." Bev

What needlework/needle lace I have made and given to family members, they
chose to frame.  At first I balked, but it seems like a good solution overall
(if done properly), as even if they tire of it, it stays clean and dust proof
even if not on display, and can be passed down that way to later generations
that may not know how to care for it.

My mother was going to have a large piece mounted between glass panes as she
marveled that the back looked as good as the front.  Sharing that mostly as an
idea that may not have come to mind for some, as it could be used even as a
type of partition/divider.

Fortunately, my favorite piece was returned to me, so I am happy.  I didn't
want to get into a tussle with my sisters wanting it at some point.  I now
have evidence of my work, as everything I have ever made (until very
recently), has been gifted.

Best,
Susan Reishus