I am finding this little thread of "to tie or KNOT to tie"(pun intended)
your thread onto the bobbin really intriguing.  What are the reasons you tie
or not to your bobbins?

For me it was that is what I was taught and it stuck with me.  My lace
teacher was unconventional and didn't do things strickly by the book.  She
used her own ingenuity to solve her problems.

Also as I explained earlier, I run out of thread and try to get the most out
of it until I have to work in another full bobbin.  This was before the
invention of those trusty hook/clamp bobbins.  Only have one and haven't
used it yet!

--
Mark, aka Tatman
website: http://www.tat-man.net