In message <61ad8257-3079-47a8-b581-8e1771da6...@me.com>, Celia Mulhearn <po...@me.com> writes
I have been balancing the lace pillow near the radiator to aid the
drying process which works fairly well too......
Celia x

If I make anything that needs stiffening, I take it off the pillow and re-pin it on a separate polystyrene block (I've kept a couple of bits from packaging - one is about 2" thick and A4 size, the other about 1/2 inch thick and A2 - probably from when we replaced the fridge) which means I don't need to wait for the pillow before starting the next piece of lace - it also means that any stiffeners are kept well away from the pillow cloths! I usually place a piece of kitchen towel or a paper copy of the pricking, covered with a piece of cling film (to stop the paper from sticking to the lace, also to protect the lace from any marks on the paper that are not waterproof) between the polystyrene block and the lace.

However, just a thought - you should *never* keep polystyrene near a radiator (or other heat source) for any length of time as it can give off toxic fumes when hot; I would also be wary of drying lace that way.

--
Jane Partridge