From: Clay Blackwell <clayblackw...@comcast.net>
To: Ilske Thomsen <ilske-peter-thom...@t-online.de>
Cc: Arachne Arachne <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Sat, December 18, 2010 1:36:11 PM
Subject: Re: [lace] "bobbin lace" in print in English

I think it is important for us to differentiate between what *we* have always
thought, and what the writers of the particular books which were searched
thought!  I'm curious how the search works too...  is it looking for word
combinations that are exact, as in "bobbin lace" but not "lace bobbin"?  Or is
it searching for sentences that contain both words, but not necessarily
together?  All of these things make a huge difference.

Clay