On 31/12/2010 15:03, lbuy...@nc.rr.com wrote:
Linda,
I have two very inexpensive fans with machine made lace on them.  They both
fold and unfold very smoothly and easily.  In fact they both have much smoother
actions than some of the paper fans that I have.  Both were purchased for me by
friends on trips to Mexico.  I should probably also mention that they were
purchased in the 1970's.
Liz Redford
Raleigh, NC, USA
---- Linda Walton<linda.wal...@dsl.pipex.com>  wrote:
So I wondered, is it possible for a lace fan to be useful too?
Especially, could it fold and unfold.

Thank you very much for writing, Liz. It is most interesting that the lace fans should operate better than paper fans, and that they should have done so over a long working life. I did not know that this was possible. In fact, (if I'd given any thought to it), I'd have imagined that the lace would be too delicate to stand up to so much.

With best wishes,
Linda Walton,
(in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, U.K.).