Sue, I print out my pattern on ordinary paper, and cover it with
sticky-backed "contact",, or book covering. I have a small stash of heavier,
blue matt-finish contact , which our local supplier seels and I mainly keep
that for needlelace, and use the ordinary contact for bobbin lace!
This covered pattern ios tacked to 4 layers of calico for the pad, and I
work on that.
I like 4 layers as it is firmer, - especially at the finish, when pulling 2
layers away from the other 2 layers+ pattern to snip the couching stitches.

On behalf of the Aussies in the flood areas, Thank you for that kind
thought, Jeri.

1million square kilometres was the last report I heard of the size of the
flooded area.

I believe there are some lacemakers up in that area, and someone who knows a
few of them trying to find out if they are OK.
The Rockhampton flood should peak today at 9 1/2 metres!  Unbelievable!

Liz in Melbourne, Oz.
lizl...@bigpond.com