Hi Diana
The research you have put into identifying the lacemakers in the postcards and about their lives has been fascinating, so can you please share this snippet of information with the rest of us, I'd like to add it to my own copy of your book.
many thanks
Nicky in Suffolk

Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 08:22:11 -0000
From: "Diana Smith" <dian...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject: [lace] 2011 Wished-for Lace-related Book

And Diana Smith  needs to do much more on the local analysis of old
photos/postcards.<

Dear Laurie

I still endeavour to ID the old photographs. I was lucky enough to receive
as a Christmas present the lovely book 'Textile Treasures of the WI'
(Women's Institute) - published by The National Needlework Archive.

It includes a small amount on lace and lace making and there was a picture
of a group of previously unidentified lacemakers that I used in the book. I
will send you the details - no individual names but a date and location.

Best wishes for the New Year.
Diana in Northamptonshire