Just a quick thought... if there's problems getting the metallic thread to 
start on the bobbin, try winding cotton thread down the length of the thread 
area first, to give the metallic thread something to cling to.  There's no rule 
that you have to use a bare bobbin.

Alice in Oregon ... expecting a record setting rainstorm for the next 48 hours, 
and my exhibit opening is in it.  Crowds may be small. <G>


----- Original Message -----
From: [email protected]
It's been ages since I used any metallic thread in bobbin lace making.  I have 
a project where I will need 4 pairs of bobbins
wound with metallic thread, DMC.  How do you wind it so that it doesn't 
immediately unwind?  I even have the special wooden
bobbins with the hooked ends.  I've tried to tie knots in the beginning.  No 
matter what I try, it unwinds and the knots  untie.   Any help will be greatly
appreciated.
--

-
To unsubscribe send email to [email protected] containing the line:
unsubscribe lace [email protected]. For help, write to
[email protected]

Reply via email to