I can remember, many years ago, buying lots of Debbie Moller's patterns (alphabets, initials et al) and they were very often printed on red paper. I wondered at the time whether it was to stop illegal copying, as many photocopiers at that time - we are talking about twenty years ago, if not more - couldn't cope with very definite colours like red, dark blue and dark green. I know when the company for which I worked purchased an all-singing, all dancing, bells and whistles copier, which was the most up-to-date thing on the planet, I was asked if I'd like to photocopy some of these patterns on the copier, to see how well it performed. I think they regretted it, as after that, every strongly coloured pricking I bought, I asked if I could copy for myself, so that the purchased ones stayed pristine ...

Carol - Suffolk UK
'Deliver us, Lord, from every evil, and grant us peace in our day.'
Subject: Re: [lace] lace photos

remember how surprised many of us were to find that the printed prickings in the book were on red card!