I suspect it is the St Peterburgh equivalent of the Institute of Fine Arts
where we studied in Moscow.  The pieces shown look as if they might be the
Graduate Show.  In Moscow, the graduation pieces (in all the specialities)
are *donated* to the institute's collection; I'm not quite sure how far up my
back my arm would need to be to encourage me to donate those bits of lace.

Also of great interest are the pieces in frames on the walls behind.  They
are the working drawings for the lace, which is what the designer will give
to the 'factory' for the lacemakers to copy.  They are drawn onto the
coloured paper from the original draft, and each thread path is handpainted in
with gouache paint and a fine brush.  When you first see them, you have to be
very close before you realise they aren't lace.

Jacquie in Lincolnshire