I think you showed great restraint.
I think that to take beautiful lace for people to see and marvel at is good, but I think this particular piece is just too precious and priceless to be allowed near people without a real appreciation of the work skill and love that goes into that piece. I hope it is coming right for you, I only had to do this once and through my own fault in not making sure the pillow was completely flat on the table before I let go, so I have some idea of what you have to do. Good luck and please let us know when its all untangled and then maybe we can see a picture when its finished.
Sue T
Dorset UK

Hi All,
to me.    I was very restrained, and polite, as I again told them it was a
special piece, being a chalice cover I was making in memory of my late
husband, but the lady took offence, as did the girl, and, as they turned
away
making impolite remarks, the woman 'accidentally' knocked the pillow and
table, whereupon the pillow fell. The resulting tangle is what I am still
attempting to remedy.

In all the years I have demonstrated, I have never before had such an
experience!    Which explains the subject line - I was (and still am )
horrified that anyone could do such a thing, and although it has never
happened before, it does make me wonder whether I will ever take pillows
with
complicated work, and many beautiful bobbins, to a display again.   As I
said
- what woud you do?

Carol - in Suffolk UK
'Deliver us, Lord, from every evil, and grant us peace in our day.'