Incredibly beautiful and I have never seen anything quite like them before. I do have some of the moder bird type in my box which I rarely use. They are a bit stiff.
Sue T,
Dorset UK

I hope this still qualifies as at least *somewhat* on topic....we do use scissors to cut lace thread after all? I googled 'Nogent Scissors' (and 'ciseaux') and came upon the following site:

http://www.fineandmint.com/product_list.aspx?categoryID=47&GalleryID=47

Ten pages of unbelievably beautiful antique scissors (be sure to open the larger views by clicking the photo thumbnails) and don't forget to click on 'soldout' afterward to see 27 more pages, many of which include several beautiful scissors although the enlargement is (sadly) disabled. I've never seen anything like this!!

Vicki in Maryland...palpitating again.....