This is the time of year when many people in the eastern United States take their vacations in Maine. So I am inviting any lacemakers who are coming up here to let us know if they would like to meet any of the newly forming group of active lacemakers in the state, no matter where these summer visitors might be staying. The state of Maine is very large, like most of the United States, so it has been hard for all of us to get together on any kind of regular basis, but it is finally happening and we have been meeting monthly for several months now. . Our members come from as far north as New Brunswick, Canada, and down into seacoast New Hampshire. Not all of us can be at every gathering, so we move around the state as much as we can to make it easier for all no matter where they live. The group is still small and widely spaced, but the will is there and we keep in constant touch by email. Arachne is where we all check in every day to learn new things and to solve problems, and for a little far-flung group like ours it is a godsend.

So please, if you are vacationing here this summer, or if you live permanently in our area, we hope that you will contact us and say hello. Summertime in Maine is the best for lacemaking, especially outdoors!

Tess Parrish (tess1...@aol.com) in Falmouth, Maine, just north of Portland. Jeri Ames (jeria...@aol.com), in Winthrop, Maine, very near Augusta. Johanna Hildebrand (hildb...@nbnet.nb.ca) in Frederickton, New Brunswick, Canada. And others in between!