You're stuck with me in Maine from August 16-31. As I mentioned privately. lrb

-----Original Message----- From: tess parrish
Sent: Thursday, June 23, 2011 3:17 PM
To: Arachne to post
Subject: [lace] good things are happening lacewise in Maine, USA

This is the time of year when many people in the eastern United States
take their vacations in Maine.  So I am inviting any lacemakers who
are coming up here to let us know if they would like to meet any of
the newly forming group of active lacemakers in the state, no matter
where these summer visitors might be staying.  The state of Maine is
very large, like most of the United States, so it has been hard for
all of us to get together on any kind of regular basis, but it is
finally happening and we have been meeting monthly for several months
now. .  Our members come from as far north as New Brunswick, Canada,
and down into seacoast New Hampshire.  Not all of us can be at every
gathering, so we move around the state as much as we can to make it
easier for all no matter where they live.   The group is still small
and widely spaced, but the will is there and we keep in constant touch
by email.  Arachne is where we all check in every day to learn new
things and to solve problems, and for a little far-flung group like
ours it is a godsend.

So please, if you are vacationing here this summer, or if you live
permanently in our area, we hope that you will contact us and say
hello.  Summertime in Maine is the best for lacemaking, especially
outdoors!

Tess Parrish (tess1...@aol.com) in Falmouth, Maine, just north of
Portland.  Jeri Ames (jeria...@aol.com), in Winthrop, Maine, very near
Augusta.  Johanna Hildebrand (hildb...@nbnet.nb.ca) in Frederickton,
New Brunswick, Canada.  And others in between!