---- laceandb...@aol.com wrote:
May I be so bold as to say that these two statements are a little
contradictory?  If you were able to work faster the scarf would have grown
quicker and would not have seemed so tedious, while for more challenging and
enjoyable projects, working faster (while maintaining the same high quality)
means that you would be able to make more of the designs you are inspired by.
It's a win win situation, surely.

Spoken like a true product person.  My interest in bobbin lacemaking, as will
all my craft interests (and there are many, many of those!) is in the doing,
not in the having.  Unlike Clay, I won't continue to waste time on a project
that I've gotten bored with or come to dislike.  It's the sitting at the
pillow, playing with beautiful tools, making something beautiful, that I love.
Finishing is irrelevant.  I have a short attention span and if I lose interest
in it, I cut it off and start something new (= more inspiring).

My friends have crowned me the uncontested Queen of Unfinished Projects.  Those
are just the things that I still have on hand, in case I decide to go back to
them.  In many of my interests, I don't even know how to finish things, on
others I just haven't had enough practice to do a decent job.  No problem,
because "I never finish anything anyway!"

For a process person, it's working on it, not the finished object, that is
satisfying.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
robinl...@socal.rr.com