Very, very lovely!  Take a deep bow!!

Clay

On 9/12/2011 5:15 AM, Jean Nathan wrote:
I've finally finished my version of the Willow Pattern Plate designed by Jean Stacey (named 'Inspiration on a Plate' by her) which was featured in UK Lace Guild Magazine 'Lace' edition 128, October 2007 and have just uploaded to my Arachne Webshots album (Jean Nathan on the second page). The finished size is just short of A4.

There were no threads or instructions give, just a small picture of Jean's finished lace and an outline pattern. I decided to make it in blue - a light blue for the motifs with a double thread in navy to outline them and pick out some detail and white for the background to make it as much like a willow pattern plate as possible. I used Venus crochet thread and decided how to make variations in the stitches for the elements as I went.

Must say that I found it very fiddly, especially finishing off each motif, and don't think I'll tackle anything like that again - I'll stick to continuous lace.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK