Dear Lacemakers

I have been discussing with Alex Stillwell the possibility of re-printing my
book Needlelace Designs & Techniques - Classic and Comtemporary as I have
received numerous emails during the last twelve months or so, asking if I can
help locating a copy. Unfortunately I can't but have bought the odd
second-hand copy when I've seen it at a reasonable price and have passed it
on.  One generous supplier at a lace day recently sold me a copy at a little
less than the original price, saying that they couldn't possibly sell me a
copy of my own book at the asking price.  I won't disclose their name, but
they know who they are!   Amazon are asking ridiculous prices!

Alex tells me that Books on Demand here in the UK only print black & white but
as my book does have some colour plates, I am wondering whether it would be
worth all the time and effort involved, as I wrote this book before the days
of Windows and digital photography?  All the information is on the old type
'floppies' and colour reproductiion is from transparancies, so one can begin
to imagine the time and effort that this would involve, and I have no wish to
go down that road if nobody wants to buy a copy because there is no colour!
The majority of the illustrations are B & W  and a few are white lace, but
with just a coloured background.  If I were able to get copies printed in B &
W  do you think  anyone be interested in purchasing a copy?

I'd really appreciate your views on the matter.

Many thanks

Catherine Barley
UK