First let me say, I know nothing about needle lace. The transition from
old-style printing to new-style printing could get a bit confusing.  Your
particular issue is color.  If your color is just to make the pictures of the
work prettier, I'm sure no one would care.  If, however, your color has to do
with the actual making of the lace, such as the color coding on lace diagrams,
so that one color means one type of stitch, and another color means another,
that's a different matter entirely, and would require some extra thought.  I do
not know how books go to the printer nowadays, my last experience in a
publishing house was in 1968, when there were galley proofs, rolls of paper.  I
know so much has changed.  It does seem to me possible that in the digital age,
a digital picture of a page might be all that is necessary, if color is
required.  Insert that picture in where the page should be.  I'm sure that with
the international ingenuity which exists today, there's gotta be a wa
 y.

Lyn in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, US, where the weather is perfect.