A friend came across a second hand book mentioning lacemaking and bought it
for me recently which was nice but when she handed it over it is Tambour lace.
I had heard the name but didn't know anything about it so checked out some
youtube videos, (what a fabulous resourse that is).  I was able to see what it
was and how it was done.  Of course I dont have a tambour hook, but might
manage to use a small crochet hook to have a play at it in the future.   Due
to sudden family illness and also as I am currently working on holiday present
pieces I haven't done anymore with the book.
So many years I spent with time on my hands just knitting and crochet when I
could have been learning all these lovely techniques with more years ahead of
me to use them.   <grin>
Sue T
Dorset UK
www.hurwitzend.co.uk