Hi all.

The latest round of chemotherapy is doing obnoxious things to my eyes, so
I've had to put down bobbin lace for a while. In the meantime, I've taken up
knitted lace to keep me out of trouble.

I decided to start with a very, very simple pattern (garter stitch,
essentially) using lace weight wool on large-ish needles so that I can work
on perfecting my tension. Does anyone have any suggestions or
recommendations about knitting lace? I am a competent knitter of garments,
but completely new to knitting lace.

Also - do any (or rather "either") of our other Israeli members know where I
can get a swift and a ball winder in Israel? Or does anyone on the list have
a used swift they would be willing to sell me? Or manual ball winder?

And finally - the merino lace-weight wool I bought is not the color I
thought it would be. It is sort of a dark ecru or light tan with yellow
undertones but I need something in the brown/tan/khaki/beige range. I've
already started knitting, but can I die the finished product? How do I do
that?

Thanks for letting me pick your brains!

Sr. Claire