Be a bit careful as to the proposed end use of the dyed item, though - when I was doing my City & Guilds, for some needlelace I was putting on a lampshade I needed a red stuffing for some 3D strawberries. Using silk top for its flame-resistant properties, (tested before using any dyes) and knowing how blackcurrant juice stains, I used some Ribena - the high sugar content altered the flame resistant fibre into a very flammable material, flaring up the second the match touched it. I can't remember what I did use to dye the fibre in the end, but it wasn't blackcurrant!

n message <CAN+WhzXroHDsXu4sN8-ty1hPUdBUfkJRuSRV-GfbhKXR=lr...@mail.gmail.com>, bev walker <walker.b...@gmail.com> writes
Cake decorating pastes or instant drink mixes can
be used -

--
Jane Partridge