Hi Arachnids,

I know there have been numerous postings about the
relationship between lace and music, but I just discovered another one, to my
delight!  I have been using my Belgian bobbins and fine Binche bobbins
exclusively for a number of years.  Today, however, I pulled out an old (YEARS
old) large torchon handkerchief edging that I'm intending to finish up (and
free up the pillow :-).  I had been using Bayeux bobbins on this piece and
discovered, after I got back into the rhythm of the piece, that I love the
musical sound of the Bayeux bobbins.  Once I thought about it, I realized that
the sound of the Belgian bobbins isn't quite as clear somehow (shape?), and
the Binche bobbins a little higher pitched--and more 'clicketty' if you know
what I mean.

Has anyone else noticed a difference in "tunings" among sets
of different kinds of bobbins?  Perhaps this is unique to Continental bobbins,
since I'll bet that the different beads and types of decorations would make
Midlands bobbins sound slightly different from each other.

I'll be curious
to to hear what you've heard...

Nancy
Connecticut, USA