The threads of this type that do fray don't normally fray beyond a knot - so if you have knotted the ends together, (and by the sounds of things you have done that twice!) you can trim the ends reasonably short as unless your knots come undone there is no danger of the bangle falling off the tree. If you do have threads that fray easily it will be quick to see - they unravel the same as the sewing across the top of a cat litter bag - so if you knot the individual ends below the frayed bit they won't fray further. Some of the chain metallics (eg Texere's Stardust) don't appear to fray at all.

So, you shouldn't need the glue unless you want to stiffen the ornaments!

In message <000801cc9182$7dafa1e0$aaabe00a@suescomputer>, Sue <hurwitz...@btinternet.com> writes
I have been using a worker pair of gold rush on a bangle decoration for our tree,

Any thoughts please. This is the first time I have used this particularly thread and dont want it to fall off my tree in the future

--
Jane Partridge