I have been approached regarding some lace classes for one of the weaving guilds in our area. I've been making lace for the last 18 months. I would have no problem with teaching the basics. There are two ladies in town with way more experience then me so I'm may just suggest the weavers contact them. . I have a teaching degree and I've done a lot of adult ed. so the class itself doesn't scare me. I have a few questions that I'm sure this group would be able to answer:

What are the main challenges in teaching a group?
What should I suggest for the time duration of the class?
How far should a beginner class go? I'm thinking torchon, cloth stitch, half stitch, footside and plaiting while doing a sampler, some edging, a bookmark and perhaps a small motif of some sort.

I know that many of you teach so your input would be very welcome - even if you think that it would be a mistake for me to teach this class.

Nita in Calgary on a sunny day