tallies in reverse: "They had all just watched her struggle!"

***
In the yarn
and thread shop yesterday, I saw the same thing.  The woman wanted a project,
but was tired of seaming sweaters (repeated several times), so they turned her
onto socks, but she didn't know how to do the CO (which would be tight), so at
the check out counter, I suggested if she had a larger needle, she CO with
that.  She was shocked.  Then asked me questions later at the door, and I said
if you are sick of seaming sweaters, just knit them in the round on
circulars...again, shocked.  It went on from there (3 ndl BO at shoulders,
pick up the sleeves, etc.) and she kept saying, "Why didn't the staff here
tell me any of this, I have asked over and over for years!"  They would have
had a loyal customer.

I am not sure if it is not paying attention, not
caring, laziness, or probably that they don't get there are many ways to
execute a task, but I doubt that the staff was doing things the way this woman
had learned, probably 60 years ago.  Whether it is math or lace making, there
is more than one way (and surely many perspectives for the brain) to grasp the
concept/s.

Best,
Susan Reishus