Hello All!  As a card carrying member of ANG (American Needlepoint Guild), I
wanted to share a little item I found on that group's Yahoo list--thread
inventory apps for hand-held devices.  While I don't claim to be organized to
this extent--LOL!!!--I can see where this could be handy.  The gal at
www.lkreinmiller.com has created Xcel spreadsheets for Anchor, DMC, Dinky Dyes,
Silk n Ivory, Vineyard, Caron, Soie d'Alger, Rainbow Gallery & Kreinik threads.
 They are available for free download on her site & can be synced with
hand-helds.  Many of these threads are too heavy for us (other than gimps), but
the point is--is there a lacemaker who would do the same for "our" threads?
Whenever I'm at a workshop & threads are available for purchase, they call my
name.  So sweetly in fact, that I've purchased the same threads on several
occasions!  If I could launch myself into the 21st century, I could have my
thread inventory at my fingertips.  Since I'm not a techie, I'm throwing t!
 his out for general discussion.  As to the lace scarf, I'm intrigued but it's
Greek to me!  What is stockings stitch?  And I don't understand what to do at
the end of the 1st Row, nor the section where the crocheted stitch is slipped
over the 1st stitch on the needle.  Would David or another expert please advise
so that I may mark my copy that I've printed?  Perhaps there is a picture that
could be uploaded to webshots showing the finished item?  It sounds like there
are strips that are semi free-floating?  Many thanks.  Sincerely, Susan Hottle,
Erie, PA USA recently returned from a needlepoint event at Legacy Village
(Beachwood, OH)