Thanks to all who replied.

I would like to share these comments in a story for my newsletter (L.A.C.E.
Guild in Illinois) because I think starching on the pillow is a great time
saver.  I used to re-pin and spray items with a liquid spray starch but
working on the pillow is much better with a brush.
I have been spraying on the pillow just this last month, but became
concerned with the heat of the hairdryer. Then the nasty colored spots
appeared around the pin holes when we dried one overnight.
I hope sharing your hints will be acceptable to all? And I will try some of
your hints on my pillow as we work on a few more Christmas Ornaments.

Thanks again.