What a lovely idea, I will keep my eyes peeled. I have a charm bracelet myself which several of those mentioned on it and in 77 I bought a little necklace with a sterling silver crown for decoration. I have used that attached to one of my spangles:-) I think I once picked up a little golden heart which might be good for the task:-) I still have a little black cat brooch with the three legged motif for the Isle of Man. I must have had that since I was about 6.

Sue T, Dorset UK. Our weather also milder and glorious sunshine at the moment. Last year we had snow at this time, although that is unusual. My sister in Canada has now put up her christmas decorations but it seems way too early here strangly.

Sue - one of the places to look is your local charity shop. There are often 'old' silver and gold charms on sale and some of them are much nicer than the ones that are made today.

I have a tiny little money bag that was in the Christmas pudding along with the 3-penny pieces at my grandmothers when I was about 8. It is still my favourite charm on my bracelet.

If you got a little gold or silver chain (depending on the charm) to give with the loan of the garter, then the bride would be able to wear it afterwards.

Malvary in Ottawa where we are having a November 'heatwave' +11 today when it could quite easily be -11, but this is MUCH better.