Greetings to One & All!                                     The name of the
quilt soap to vse with overdyed fabrics is 'Retayne'. I use it when washing
dark fabrics all the time. I'm not sure if it is available in the UK. It helps
to keep the dye in the fabric. Orvus paste is just a gentle fabric soap. And a
little goes a long way. The BEST soap to vse on fine washables. Even wool. Not
a solution to a dye problem.                        Hugs, Susie Rose

------------------------------On Tue, Dec 27, 2011 1:35 PM PST Clay Blackwell
wrote:>Sue, if you go to a quilt shop, they may have a special solution that is
sold to prevent colors from running.  Generally, quilt fabrics are washed
before cutting and sewing, so a pre-soak in this solution is what is used to
stop those pesky runs...  and dark blues and reds are the most offensive as far
as running is concerned (in my experience).  I can't
 remember the name of the solution, off-hand.  Sorry.>>But since the top hasn't
been washed, then soaking in this may solve the problem.>>As far as removing
the lace is concerned...  it may not be as easy as taking out something
hand-sewn would be, but use a seam ripper, and I'm sure it will come out.  Your
top will be much more attractive with your own hand-made lace, if the color
doesn't come out of the original lace in the top.>>Good luck!>>Clay>>On
12/27/2011 3:18 PM, Sue wrote:>> As the top is worn but not dirty I wondered
whether putting it in cold water, with or without salt might set the colours
where they are.   ?>> I never wash clothing in very hot water.>> As the top is
commercially made as is the lace its not possible to take it out as suggested
by a couple of people.  Thank you for all the suggestions though.>> Sue T>> >>
Dear Sue,>> I've had the same problem and while I can't tell you how to stop
the red from running, I find that the red
 came out of the undies with the next wash. I'll be interested to see what
others say about the red top, but I think I was told to wash in cool water, not
hot....the good news is that the colour only runs for the first couple of
washes.>> >> Good luck!>> Regards>> >> Ruth>> >> >> On 28/12/2011, at 5:19 AM,
"Sue" <hurwitz...@btinternet.com> wrote:>> >> I hope you all had a good holiday
weekend.>> I wore a new red top which has a little white lacy insert,  over
christmas and>> now I have a pinkish tinge to my white lacey undies.     Can
anyone tell me>> the best quickest way to keep the red red, and the white
insert of the top>> white, plus get the pink off my undies please.  I haven't
done anything with>> them yet, so no mistakes so far:-)  I do have some of
those vanish sheets in>> my cupboard, I wonder if that will keep the colours
right and remove the pink>> stain from my undies?>> >> Sue T>> Dorset UK>>
www.hurwitzend.co.uk