Mark
I don't know how early the style of lace we call Mirecourt started.  As far as
I know lace was made there fairly early, but we don't know what it looked
like.

Deborah Beever may know something about the history of lace from that area.
If you look at
http://laceioli.ning.com/group/mirecourt-bobbin-lace    just under the group's
icon is a box titled EXAMPLES.  Click on the red words, which are links to
photos of the most recent type of "Mirecourt" lace.

But as I said earlier, I don't know when that style appeared or if it goes
back to 1830.  They may have been making lace in 1830, but it may have been a
different type.
Lorelei