Lorelei,
Thanks for the link and showing me examples.  I like that the description
mentions it is a part lace and considered the French version of Bruges
Bloemwerk.  I like working Bruges.  So this is right up my alley!
Whether or not this particular type was made in the 1830s, the general
public I demonstrate to won't know unless they become too interested and I
end up giving them a long history of what I am doing.  Usually I stick to
the basics of what lacemaking is. But some do ask for more details.  That is
when I get to have fun because their interest is piqued.
--
Mark, aka Tatman
website: http://www.tat-man.net