I have some news for you.  First I want to say that OIDFA sent me a copy of the
missing section of Pattern 14.

To forestall them getting hundreds of requests for the attachment, I want to
tell you that the missing section will be printed in an OIDFA Bulletin as soon
as they can fit it in... next issue or two.  When you get it, make a copy and
put it in your book.  They are sorry for the error.  They had not realized it
happened until my email.

Meanwhile, I suggest doing one of the other lappets if you wish to do one
immediately.  They are all interesting patterns.

Question:  Has anyone ever made a lappet in a color other than white or black?
I'm going to try a light blue one.

Alice in Oregon... where DH is going to be gone all morning and I have the
house to myself, except for the creature in our cellar that we can't find to
get out but can hear it in the night.