just for fun, when i started lacing, i started photocopying out the pieces
that "appealed" to me and noted on the back the book and date.  i made up a
binder eventually because there are so many good patterns out there.  As i
look through the book (about once every 4-5 months), and the picture calls
to me, i write how i envision the finished product being used on the back
of the copy.  then, when i think i have a venue for something like your
clock or box, i go to the back pages and flip backwards just looking at my
notes to see if i ever thought one of the patterns would work for that.  of
course, i drool and when i find one that i selected over perhaps many years
ago to do for the clock, i have what i need.  another option - and i have
backtracked and done this - is to add the readied pricking and instructions
behind the copy with a blank page at the back for my "notes" into a pocket
sheet protector.  the binder got really bulky fast, but i was ready to do
the project almost immediately (had to wind bobbins) when i got the bug to
do it.  You could go back through your books and start something like this
for the next time you are in this place.  Since you are going to be looking
for something now, take a half a day per book and with today's computers
and scanning, it would be a breeze to put a start to a binder for yourself.
 It is my hope chest with lots of treasurers.  Happy lacing.

Hugs, Lin and the Mali
Overton, NV USA

--
Hugs, Lin and the Mali
*Inside every older person is a younger person -- wondering what the hell