Has anyone done a Trident edge on their plaited lace?  I think it might
originally be from an Early lace.

Question, - is each little plait held in place with a pin between the
pairs, and then worked back and 3 windmill crossings at the same pinhole
between the 3 plaited  bits?

One diagram I have, from an Anita Wilkinson book, shows the plaits just
looping around a pin,. But the pricking I have - Margaret Tite book,
-appears to show them having a pin hole at each tip.  Although I have
enlarged the photo of the completed piece, it still does not come up very
clearly.

 I have a feeling Tamara wrote about something like this in the IOLI
Bulletin.  I must get mine out and go through them (what a great excuse to
sit and re-read lace magazines!!!!!!! )

Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz.
lizl...@bigpond.com