Hello Liz (and everyone)

I might have done, although not knowing the name.
I do remember making a pointy plaited edge for an Idrija lace where it
seemed optional to use a pinhole at the point within the plait, or plait
around the pin at the point but that won't answer your question... a google
search for 'trident edge' turned up a reference to Margaret Hamer's Pillow
Lace (in Google Books) if that will help?

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 6:57 PM, Elizabeth Ligeti <lizl...@bigpond.com>wrote:

> Has anyone done a Trident edge on their plaited lace?  I think it might
> originally be from an Early lace.
>
> Question, - is each little plait held in place with a pin between the
> pairs, and then worked back and 3 windmill crossings at the same pinhole
> between the 3 plaited  bits?
>
> One diagram I have, from an Anita Wilkinson book, shows the plaits just
> looping around a pin,. But the pricking I have - Margaret Tite book,
> -appears to show them having a pin hole at each tip.  Although I have
> enlarged the photo of the completed piece, it still does not come up very
> clearly.
>
> --
Bev in Shirley BC, near Sooke on beautiful Vancouver Island, west coast of
Canada