In this case it is a piece of circular lace which Christine Springett has attached to some fabric (with a centre hole). This lays in some sort of candle holder or dish, with silk flowers? over the centre piece and the candle sitting through the centre hole. I would imagine any wax sitting on the flowers rather than the lace which they talks about being able to transfer from one arrangement to another. She has used the same pattern with card or cross stitch centre for a framed piece. My candle holder is just the lace and sits under glass so protected from wax. I did expect it to be sandwiched between 2 pieces of glass but it isn't, it comes with some plastic stuff to hold it in place. The ufos had a hole underneath to push finished lace and coloured backing into place to protect from wax and flame and show off the lace to good advantage. these are still on the market but my other set are not now available.
Sue T Dorset UK

Hello All! Would someone please explain how to use a candle flounce?? Is this instead of a bobeche? Or under it? Is the flounce just for show & not for go? Even when using high quality beeswax candles, there are occasional drips that would be a bear to get out of any textile! You're giving me laundry nightmares!! Sincerely, Susan Hottle, Erie, PA USA