Re " I'd also like to draw your attention to "Le Macrame" by Th. de Dillmont.
THe book is from 1922 and is on the Professor's site.

Robin, could you give me the actual website to find this book?  I've spent 1/2
hour trying to find it on the Arizona site -- to no avail.  At some point I did
find the google search area, but also it was quite indirect to find this book.

I took the macramé class at the Greek OIDFA and still have the last piece to
complete -- so I thought this book would help.

Of course if someone else could direct me to a book, I would be very grateful
since I'm really trying to finish projects!

Diane Z
Lubec, Maine

I don't have that
URL at my figertips either.  The book does have two "sculptural" flowers
but the rest are borders or insertions - just incredibly gorgeous things!!
 It's in French but the diagrams look pretty good for non-French readers
like me.  The variety is amazing and the combinations seem endless.

There are some great new booklets on macrame (mostly in Italian), with gorgeous
lacy edgings and sometimes medallions.  I've been looking into this since the
mid-90s, when I saw an amulet bag in macrame, made with (probably 8 or 12)
pearl cotton.

Then there's the book that will soon (I hope!) be published by Marji Suhm on
Greek fingerlace.  It's a Greek version of macrame-type lace.

Robin

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
robinl...@socal.rr.com