---- Sue Babbs <sueba...@comcast.net> wrote:
I was really just intrigued that the inclusion of half stitch made the
bobbins unwind, which they hadn't done on the earlier strip on either side
of the pattern-----

It sounds to me like you use slightly different movement to work CTC and CT.  I
know, I do.  When I do cloth stitch, it's actually 5 movements for me:  C, T,
C, push 1 pair aside, pull 1 new pair in, repeat.

When I do half stitch, I get closer to throwing the bobbins and it becomes 3
movements:  C, T-and-drop (one pair aside), pull another pair in, repeat.

The difference in handling could very well cause a difference in how much the
threads twist and/or in which direction they twist.  I just don't know how much
or in what direction, never having examined the result.  I'm always checking
for over/under twisting, and rolling the bobbins that need fixing, so I don't
pay attention to what might have caused more or less of it.

Robin P.
Los Angeles, California, USA
robinl...@socal.rr.com

Sue

sueba...@comcast.net

This sounds like the problem may be due to the pillow you are using.  Are
you
using a cookie pillow with a high dome that would cause bobbind on the left
roll to the left, those on the right to roll towards the right.