That sounds really lovely Alice and looking forward to seeing pictures. That is one very large piece of lace.

I have got beyond wanting to use my pillow as a frisbee, :-) having worked the half stitch bits which were causing all the problems (not because I cant do it, but because it is hard to handle so many lots coming from different areas, meeting a pin and parting but being in the right place) now I am working the lace makers skirt. Now it looks like something and I am really enjoying the process at last. First half done, second half coming up. Later on I might need to ask about the best way to tie off all the pairs coming out of the picture and into the bottom of the frame before being thrown out. I think I have a diagram of how to do the particular tying off and longer tail behind the frame. In my head I can see it, so now I need to find the diagram and work on replicating that, but not quite yet. Maybe 10 - 14 days time for the second half which seems to be moving on much quicker.
Sue T

Yah!  Hooray!!  Yippee!  Done...done...done.....Well, Almost.

I just finished tying off my centerpiece edging... 24" circle, six inches wide. I had to cheer about it! I think it's been about four years in the making.

Of course, it's still sitting in the pins, and then has all those thread ends to weave in, but I consider it a great milestone when the bobbins are all cut off.

It's a Kortelahti pattern with bell flowers in it, done in linen with the flowers in pale lilac. When it finally gets it's picture taken, I'll let you know where to see it.

That makes two projects completed within a month. There's no other big one almost done so it won't happen again soon. Now I need to find another large-ish, not too difficult, pattern to get started for my demo's this year. I've used this centerpiece for the past about four years and will miss having something ready-to-hand. Most of my works-in-progress are a bit complex to do while talking to visitors.

Alice in Oregon... under threat of possible snow and cold temps