"When giving something to a friend not relative like a horseshoe,
handkerchief or other small item to a bride without knowing the colour of
her
gown etc are there any ideas people could tell of how they achieved that
without it looking out of place?"  Sue T
***
I would think white would be good
regardless, as if she does cry, it needs to be washed.
It is ideal for a
baby bonnet conversion with a note to explain, so she may not care if wearing
ivory, etc.
I suppose a bit of blue could be worked in, in case she hasn't
taken care of that belief (and many babies have blue eyes before they change).
I would think the sentiment would outweigh any questions of use, and at least
you know it would be kept for down the road.
I suppose a bit of ivory would be
worked in with the white, also.  Patterns, I can't suggest as there are so
many, but I particularly like embroidered initials, or the last name taken for
both, and the future child.

Best,
Susan Reishus