"sure it is possible for someone to hand sew the garment
itself with linen
thread..."

There is a miscommunication.  I believe you asked about using
linen thread to sew the garment (in whatever way), and there was no indication
on my part to hand sew the garment with linen thread (nor did it cross my
mind).  I suggested cotton or silk to do the job is ideal, and if you wanted
to use linen (mention of wanting to have it be 'all' linen), then perhaps hand
sewing on the lace if desired would be possible, but that cotton or silk would
do it more invisibly and easier as linen can tend to be temperamental and
break.  My background is haute couture, French Heirloom and all forms of
needlework, so was sharing sewing insights from practical & esthetic, to
timeless & ease with best results (of which sewing machines do very well).
Best,
Susan Reishus