thanks Cynce - as someone who only picks up emails a couple of times a day (and one of those in a hurry with no time to reply before work), I often don't reply because what I have to contribute has already been said by someone else before I have time to add my two-penny-worth

Beth
In a grey damp Cheshire, NW England

Cynce wrote: I also check to see if my comment has been made by others. It gets old to see the same reply 5 or 6 times.

Sue wrote:
When there are probably less than 50 regular contributors to Arachne,  and
we know that there are another 1,000 or so who are lurking, does  that
matter to you?