I think it was Clay who said for those who read/speak/write another language to
sprinkle their English emails with a few German/French/Australian/etc lace
words so those who want to can gradually learn that XYZ in Australian means ABC
in English - you get the gist of what I mean?

Eg if I am talking about the piece of beds lace I am making now I could use the
term 'cloth stitch trail' and Google translate makes that ' Leinenschlag trail"
in German, ' тропа ткани стежком' in Russian and ' paño pista puntada' in
Spanish

Now I don’t know if the translator is correct, but if my 1st language was
Spanish I would write something like ....

The lace I am working on has a cloth stitch trail (paño pista puntada) that
surrounds the spray of leaves (pulverización de las hojas).

Thus with time the English speaking ones of us would be able to recognise key
words. Those who don’t want to learn just ignore the 'other' language as the
English words are there too.

This is easy for me to say as I would be a recipient of the learning, not the
writer of the emails but please give this some thought.

I look forward to seeing our emails in the future

Regards
Jenny Brandis
Kununurra, Western Australia
je...@brandis.com.au